The most common reason, why people do not get help with their mental problems is the fact that they think they are alone with their illness. Hence, they are afraid to admit having mental illnesses because of what other “so called healthy ones” may think about them…..
Well, the statistics show that you cannot possibly be alone with mental illnesses. 🙂
Take a look for yourself. -> I have gathered a few links to resources about mental health statistics on the subpage Global Statistics on Mental Health.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (allaboutcounseling.com)
- Anxiety and Bipolar Disorder (everydayhealth.com)
- Do You Have Social Anxiety Disorder? (everydayhealth.com)
- DSM-5 Proposals for Generalized Anxiety Disorder (oup.com)
- Anxiety Disorders (allaboutcounseling.com)
- Exercise and Generalized Anxiety Disorder (expsychlab.com)
- Social Anxiety Disorder – The Basics (antiaginginfotips.wordpress.com)