List of symptoms I had during Depression, Anxiety Disorder & Panic Disorder (Panic Attacks/ Anxiety Attacks)
Please note that these are the symptoms that I personally experienced, therefore the symptoms can be different for you based on your specific situation and phase of these mental illnesses! If you suspect that you might have any of these illnesses, then please get professional advice as soon as possible!
I am here just to share my own personal experiences in order to give you courage to get help with your problems. I am not a doctor!
My symptoms were:
- Worrying about everything…even the smallest things
- Especially worrying about socializing with other people and meeting new people
- Fear of the dark, fear of narrow spaces, fear of open spaces, fear of people and other phobias
- Fear of death
- Sudden feeling that you are going to loose your mind (without anything actually being wrong or irritating)
- Sudden feeling that you have to escape from the place you are at (without anything actually being wrong or irritating)
- Feeling dizzy in shopping malls to the point, where you no longer wish to go to any big shopping malls just because you are afraid that you will faint
- Feeling dizzy while driving a car
- Feeling like you cannot breathe anymore and the following fear that you might be having a heart attack
- Fear of fainting in crowded places (phobia of crowded places)
- Fear to go too far from home alone
- Feeling of being extremely down/stressed out/depressive for long periods in a row
- Emotional shifts/ Mood swings from high to low many many times a day without any actual reasons for the moods to swing/emotions to shift
- Fear of failure
- Constant need to gain other people’s approval in order to feel good
- Hearing that nagging voice inside your head that constantly says you are not good enough
- Sudden palpitation
- Feeling that nothing interests you anymore
- Activities/things that you previously loved do not matter to you anymore
- No matter what you do, you cannot find peace anywhere
- Sleeping problems
- Headaches, pain in the neck
- A choking feeling in your throat
- Attention deficit
- Feeling exhausted all the time
- Feeling like the whole world is falling down on you
If you are experiencing these symptoms, then you should consult a mental health professional. If you catch these illnesses at an early stage, then these illnesses do not get the chance to disable you.
If you leave these mental illnesses untreated, then they only get worse! So please get help if you are experiencing any mental discomforts.
You can also get supportive help, courage and inspiration for healing from my book. More information is under sub-page “Confessions of an Ex-Lawyer“