“Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise.”
~ Sigmund Freud
Are you afraid to dream big?
I believe that having big dreams is absolutely necessary to keep the happy life-spark beautifully lit at all times. I even believe that big dreams are the most essential part of our lives. At least this is the way for me. I actually do not even call my dreams “dreams”. I have always liked the term “plan” better. I feel that this gives all my ideas a realistic frame and makes everything much much easier to accomplish.
I love big dreams a.k.a big plans, I really do. But sometimes, during a less energetic day, a big dream may start to seem overwhelming and these are the moments when most people give up.
I would like to dedicate this post to reminding everyone (including myself) that it is absolutely normal to experience such moments. These moments are not there to tell you to stop dreaming. Not at all! These moments exist purely for the purpose of giving you new energy to spark up your dream. These moments are like food that we consume daily to keep us alive.
In addition, if you ever feel that your dream is too big, think about this – you do not have to take all the steps necessary to accomplish your dream in one second or one breath anyway. That means that there are many smaller tasks to complete before the big picture gets painted. This thought alone makes the whole dreaming big issue a lot easier to handle.
Everything that seems difficult at first is actually nothing but a combination of small steps.
You wish to learn something new? Take it one book or even one page at a time.
You wish to eat healthy? Start changing your eating habits one food group at a time.
You wish to get in shape? Start exercising in short amounts per day and increase the amounts as you go along – even 15 minutes of exercise is better than nothing.
You wish to learn a foreign language? Start learning one word or sentence per day – one word is better than nothing.
Also, since we never know what wonderful surprises life has in store for us, there is always a chance that a big dream might come alive a lot sooner than we think. So the main goal is to enjoy the journey anyway.🙂
Let’s keep the dreams alive! We owe it to ourselves, not anyone else!🙂
And of course, have an amazing Blue Moon experience! This wonderful occurrence in the sky will definitely bring positive excitement and the fulfilment of at least some of those big dreams to all.
Another great quote by Deepak Chopra.🙂
- The Wisdom of Chopra (patheos.com)
- The Mirror of Relationship (2012indyinfo.com)
- “The reality you experience, is a mirror of your expectations” Deepak Chopra (bisous.typepad.com)
- Inspiration to Start Your Day: “The best way to create your future is to make the right choices now.” – Deepak Chopra Do you have an important choice to make today? (waselife.wordpress.com)
- Sleep your way to happiness (time4sleep.co.uk)
- I am actively happy! (affirmagise.wordpress.com)
- Recipe for a happy life (drsbooks.wordpress.com)
- Be Happy. (livingeverydaywonderful.com)
- HAPPINESS IS NOT THE SAME AS…Part II (toughmindedoptimism.wordpress.com)
- On Happiness (straykatstrut.wordpress.com)
- Can money really make you happy? Well, yes. But researchers say that there’s a trick to it. Here’s the secret… (nytimes.com)
In this video Esther Hicks replies to the Most Profound Question.
The question is awesome and not what you might expect.🙂
Wonderful article about victim mentality by Morty Lefkoe:
In the end of the article is a link to a free resource, where you can eliminate one of your limiting beliefs with Morty Lefkoe’s technique.
Let’s get rid of all those limiting beliefs and start living a free and happy life!🙂
Much love to all!
Abraham-Hicks – Outcome Matching Inspirations🙂
Relaxation video – tropical sounds of the wind in the palm tree
Just feel your stress being blown away by the soft touch of the tropical wind.🙂
Wonderful experiment done on human behaviour…